Monday, January 12, 2009

What I Want


Recently one of my favorite bloggers, Evil J Winter, discussed some of his wants for the coming year.

Erg... forgive me Evil J, but I'm still a tad bit fuzzy about the difference between goals and wants. HOWEVER, you've got me pondering about it all day. Starting in high school, I've compiled a bucket list of things I will do before I "kick the bucket." (I've never seen the movie, but it's on my "to do" list.*)

Never compiled a "want" list until now. But being the slightly anal retentive, obsessive compulsive person that I am, I wanted to make one too! Perhaps this is more of a wishful thinking, snowball's chance in Hell type of list, but if anything, reading it amuses me. Obviously, there's varying degrees of attainability on this...but a girl can dream, can't she?

1. To be in a music video with hellogoodbye.
I wanna be the cute little Asian geek in the pigtails and school girl outfit.

2. To be a co-star in the show Mythbusters, or to have my own show like Bill Nye.
-No offense Kari Byron, but I've got more science smexy in my little pinky than you do in your entire body. Oh, and I have the best kung fu.

3. To stick my head in a tiger's mouth and survive with no injuries.
They're so pretty, furry, cuddly and stripey!

Okay, now for the stuff I think I can get if I play my cards right and work hard at it:

1. To publish my own comic series on Lady Blue. Those of you that know me well, you understand that this will only be a matter of time. ^.^

2. To publish a Biology textbook. Again, to those of you that know me well professionally, this too, will only be a matter of time.

3. Get my black belt. I've already worked to green, but my job gets in the way. I think that according to Evil J, this would be (like the other two) more of a goal than a want, but there's factors in here that are beyond my control.

I also want to bring my skill level to a point where I can do a series of board and brick breaks to impress my boss's boss. He challenged me to a board breaking contest once, and I declined. After all, I was wearing heels and hadn't warmed up. One day though....I want to see how many he can break!


Hmm... and that's about it. It's a fairly short list because I'm the type of person that usually gets what I want.

That, and I'm very happy with what I already have. ^.^



*I've got a bucket list, to do list, grocery list, want list, need list, wish list, supply list, equipment list, goals list, resolution list (which, if you've read my previous bloggies know that it's not written and entirely in my head), listserv, addy list, friend list, contact list, and Listerine, which I keep in my desk drawer and use religiously first thing when I get into work.

2 comments:

CharlesWS said...

First thing on my to-do list, dear Yen: make a list! ;)

Yen Verhoeven said...

Yup. I like making them just to cross things off!