Friday, January 9, 2009

Ah SHOE!

My shoe is the obnoxiously bright orange neon Converse that stops traffic in a heartbeat. Worn with jeans, shorts, workout pants, khaki skirts or boy shorts and a baby tee, my Chucks are my most favorite wardrobe accessory.

Unfortunately, because I have to uphold a very professional image at work, these little puppies come out to play only on warm weekends and occasional evenings. Maryland winters here are so cold that I have to opt for snuggly boots instead. -I gets cold, cold toesies!

Wearing my Chucks means wearing my personality on my feet. The shoe style says "casual," but the orange screams "SPUNKY! SMEXAAAY!"

A brief scan on the internet dredged up some interesting articles on shoe personality. As Francesca Soroka pointed out, women wearing nine-inch stilettos convey a very different image about themselves compared to someone wearing Birkenstocks. Miss Meghan has built an entire career on shoe style! Way to go!

In case you are curious yourself, go here to find out about your Shoe-Style personality!

On the job, I'm infamous for my over-the-calf, sleek leather boots and pencil skirts. Why? Because when I wear the lab jacket, I'm covered from neck to toe just in case I spill concentrated hydrochloric acid on myself. Being OSHA compliant doesn't mean I have to give up being cute!

Still miss my Converse though....

3 comments:

CharlesWS said...

I'm sure your chucks miss you too, Yen...and you'd be cute even in coveralls! :)

Anyhow, I tried that quiz...it didn't take me long to figure out the quiz was gender-specific, and not in my favor. -_- Then came the question about Manolo Blahnik -- like I'd have ANY idea who that is. (Yep, I said it's the sound one makes when drowning.) After some quick calculation, the results -- stilettos -- wasn't correct at all!

For future analysis, dear friend, I like plain black sneakers with black socks. I'll let you decide what that means; hopefully nothing too strange! ;) Happy Friday!

Yen Verhoeven said...

No worries Charles! I said the same thing about Manolo Blahnik (whoa, what a name!). Although, the quiz was fairly accurate for me. It told me "boots."

You sure you don't want the stilettos? Maybe you just haven't discovered that part of yourself yet?

CharlesWS said...

Ulp! It's OK, Yen, I'm sure...but if I ever do get the urge to try stilettos on for a spin, you'll be the first to know! ;D