Friday, January 16, 2009

The Pointless Conveniences of a Modern Society

The Chia Pet. New! With Barack Obama!
-Has anyone really successfully gotten one of these to grow?

Decaffeinated coffee. Did you know that the chemicals found in decaff in order to de-caff the coffee can be more toxic than the caffeine? Besides which, we all know that caffeine is the best substance in the world, so why deny yourself?

Cigarette filters are made primarily from cellulose acetate, a mostly NON-biodegradable substance that pollutes the environment even after puffing the carcinogen-causing smoke into the air. According to the Wiki, Kent brand cigarettes made filters from asbestos!

A filter on a cigarette is like using a condom with holes. It's not really going to help you.

...which brings me to:

The contraceptive sponge! According to the packaging, the contraceptive sponge is supposed to be a spermacidal barrier, but does NOT protect from STDs. Again, I just can't trust anything with holes in it. Somehow the words barrier and sponge should not belong together.

Crotchless underwear. I don't feel the need to elaborate on this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Crotchless underwear. I don't feel the need to elaborate on this one."

1.) For people too lazy to remove the underwear. I sincerely hope that's only during sex, because the alternative is... Ugh!

2.) Not a convenience, just a common fact of life for men who wear tightie whities and won't go to the store to buy replacements until all that is left is the waistband.

Yen Verhoeven said...

>.<

You just went where I dared not go. Thank you *shudders* for elaborating for me! ....I think.

The Wolf's Woof said...

Yen's blogs never fail to entertain as well as enlighten me. Keep up the good work! Oh, by the way, did you know that caffeine can help trigger the stabbing pains in my left ear and eye as well as excruciating pain in my jaw? But I love my Coca-Cola! :*(

CharlesWS said...

Yep, there is such a thing as too much info...especially when it comes to crotchless underwear... O_o

We always accuse ourselves for purveying junk, dear Yen. You just gave evidence to the prosecution! I mean good grief, I've seen a thousand novelty items (some would say they're serious commemorations, hah!) making a quick buck off of Obama, and this was LONG before the election.

Now to celebrate his historic (we know!) swearing in as President, we have THE BARACK OBAMA CHIA PET!

Sigh. -_-

It isn't just pointless, my friend, it's waste...but as long as there are those dumb enough to buy that stuff...