Saturday, December 20, 2008

One Hour

I had one afternoon hour to myself. One hour to spend not working, not speaking, cooking, planning, talking or worrying about other commitments. Although people can take it for granted, one hour is a precious amount of time to me.

I have an internal clock that can track time in five minute increments. I have the super ability to keep a conversation down to three minutes or drag it out to fifty. At work, I have a reputation for the five minute interview. It's an art.

So… what do I do with this one FREE hour that was completely mine? Write? Call family? Grab a to go order at a favorite restaurant? Wash the dog? Coffee? Blog? Myspace?

Absolutely not.

I went to Victoria's Secret.

It was a very, very good decision. ^.^

1 comment:

CharlesWS said...

I know as well as anyone from the precious time we've had to talk you have, shall we say, a lot happening every day, dear friend. Big kudos to you getting a rare hour of 'me' time. I'm curious to know more, but I remember you said you talk about almost everything...so no questions! :)